Monday, October 10, 2011

Six Years Ago Today

I often go back and look at all the NICU photos from the triplets first few months of life. I am not sure why I am drawn to these images, but I can tell you, that over time, I notice different things in each shot.

Six years ago today, I held CJ for the first time. Prior to his tenth day, he did not weigh enough (in grams) to come out of his isolette. When he was ten days old, one of our nurses took pity on me, and let me do kangaroo care
with CJ regardless of his weight. In this photo he was ten days old and about one pound 11 ounces. It was a magical day for us.

Now, when I go back and stare at the photos, I am seeing things differently. I can see that since the triplets arrival my husband has gone totally grey. Just six years ago,he was not coloring his hair, and it was more brown than grey. I guess this is what you can expect when you are sleep deprived for six years straight.

I never realized just how scrawny skinny I was after the delivery. The triplet pregnancy and hyperemisis did a number on my stored body fat.

Looking at these photographs is proof that I am just one triplet pregnancy away from my ideal goal weight.

Six years ago today, we were in day to day mode. That NICU roller coaster ride is a journey and we got through it by not thinking too far ahead. Now, I love looking back- mainly to see how far we have come.

1 comment:

asrubin10 said...

and they still look exactly the same!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter