Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Heads

Of course, I am all nostalgic here in late October. This is the time of year when it is all things Halloween, pumpkin and costumes. Every Halloween, I take pride in my themes knowing that this could be the last year of getting all the minds on board with my matching and coordinating costume ideas.

The babies and I had nothing to do with their stylish pumpkin hats on what was technically their first Halloween. These crochet hats were made and donated to the NICU

and it was so incredibly darling to walk into the unit to find my babies dressed up for the season. Awwwwwww, lil punkin heads.

This small token act of random kindness meant so much to me that Halloween. I had been caught off guard with the babies early arrival and was totally unprepared to decorate them for anything festive. The hats made photo opps that year a reality.

I had grand plans for the triplets first Halloween.... I did not even think they would be here for October 31, 2005. My due date was December 23. I assumed their very first Halloween would come when they were about 10 months old, and could be in some kind of plush costume. WRONG!

Life throws you curve balls sometimes, and in my case, these little curve balls are my pumpkin heads. Life is good.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter