Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Zoo Review

Okay, Okay, so with this title, I am showing my age. I am sure some of my readers will remember the show, the new zoo review- you know who you are. The rest of you will just think I am being all witty and cute.

Good times my friends, good times.

With our reciprocal Columbus Zoo membership plus two guest passes from Nat and Rachelle, we took Nana with us and hit the Kansas City Zoo.

It was the most glorious weather, crisp and clear- ideal for wearing Fall Clothes without a pesky coat, hat, gloves and other warming gear.

I made sure that I sandwiched this adventure in the middle of our time in Kansas City. I knew there would be a ton of walking,



roaming up and down hilly paths, and I needed to be sure these kids would get their own monkeys out. I made sure they got enough exercise to make up for the two days of sitting in car seats and watching red box movies.

The review of the Kansas City zoo can be seen in the happy faces of my kids as we explored every inch of the newly remodeled facilities. I admit the face lift was overdue and now this is a really amazing Kansas City destination.

My own little animals enjoyed

seeing everything and were most impressed by the sky ride over Africa where you could get a birds eye view of the exhibit below.


I would have been good to just sit my fat ass down to ride the sky ride repeatidly, but the kids wanted to make time for the carousel


and other fantastic sights during our review of the new zoo.

We had fun and that is the bottom line when you are taking kids anywhere. This concludes my 2011 new zoo review, not to be confused with the 1970's version of my youth.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter