Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jewish Toyotas

Every once in a while, something really trivial makes me smile. While I frown upon actual stupidity, stupid observations are another story.

I pay attention to personalized license plates. My friend Dana was the one who started the Bible Verse, Jesus toting, Proverbs spouting license plate game. She noticed that here in Ohio people wear their religion on their cars.

When I got Oy Vey on the van no one even asked me why. I suppose having triplets plus one, being a crazy lunatic driver and not putting up with stupidity made Oy Vey the appropriate choice. Not one person has questioned my choice of vanity tags and anyone who spots me around town can tell I am driving a Jewish Toyota.

Tonight, I pulled into a crowded parking lot in Bexley. I noticed a white Camry with tags that said, "Bubbe 1" next to me. It was as if the Yiddish Car Club members were having a convention or something. How cool is it to see two obviously Jewish Toyotas parked next to each other?

So all this license plate talk has me thinking.... what should I get for Jeff's car? I am considering BAYTZIM, which translatesto Balls, yes those kind. Jeff taught our first Au Pair, Yolanda some yiddish. The first sentence she learned from my husband was, "Az der bubbe vot gehat baytzim vot zie geven mein zayde." which means, if my grandmother had balls she would have been my grandfather. Nice. Baytzim suits him, no?

I am looking forward to coming home after a long day at work, parking my car in the driveway and laughing at Oy Vey, and Baytzim. It is just the little things that make me smile.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter