Every right of passage, every milestone, every childhood occurrence is a race when you are part of a set. There is a genuine competition with same age multiples, and when it comes to my three, it is game on!
CJ was the first to lose teeth. Eli rode a two wheeler first. Natalie is beside herself that she has had a wiggly bottom tooth for weeks, and it is still not out. Never one to be left behind, Natalie taught herself to ride a bike this weekend.
She spent time just getting the hang of it, and after a few tumbles, she mastered the whole two wheel balance thing. You will notice that at various stages in her bike riding, she is not once wearing her helmet.
She can't stand the helmet. I am not sure how to enforce the helmet aside from no helmet, no riding. Period. That should go over like a lead balloon.
The game is in full swing over here. We have non-training wheel, bike riders. We have kids getting adult teeth. We have two out of three doing a combination of all of the above. The score will even out when Natalie joins the tooth fairy club, and CJ can ride a two wheeler.
Until then, Meatloaf said it best- "Two outta three ain't bad!"
- My Miss Manners Soap Box
- Rosh Hashana is the new Thanksgiving
- Las Vegas Shopping for Sport and Support
- Nothing Says
- Library Lounge Lizards
- Catching Up and Honing In
- No Time for FAKERS
- Inspired By Missoni
- The Way They See It
- Natalie Has Joined The Club
- Uncle Silvan's Birthday Celebration
- Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
- Show and Tell with Pennylane
- Eye Carumba, another Co-Pay
- Missoni Mishaps and Mayhem
- Just Another Deductible
- 10 Years Ago
- Leopard Prints and Loyal Readers
- Gluten Free Apple Crumble
- The Warm Welcome
- The Life of a Personal Shopper
- Labor Day Hard Labor
- Pesto Perfecto
- Ballet Day, Ballet Night
- Posting Remorse and other News
- ▼ September (25)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)