Jeff and I noticed a disturbing trend in the retail marketplace. As we strolled through Fashion Show mall for lunch yesterday, it seemed as if most stores were already decorated for and displaying Christmas merchandise.
Apparently, Rosh Hashana is the new Thanksgiving.
The push for Christmas shopping keeps getting earlier and earlier each year. This is the first time I have seen the full on Christmas hoopla in September. Good lord, it is not even the month of Halloween yet.
While I do not celebrate Christmas personally, I do embrace the idea of holiday gift giving and shopping. As a person who depends on the retail dollar for a paycheck, I understand the motive, I just don't agree with the timing.
To me, the holiday season kicks off on the day after Thanksgiving. Since Rosh Hashana is literally translated as Head of the year, maybe we should change the translation to say, Head to the mall.
Let the shopping begin- Happy New Year.
- My Miss Manners Soap Box
- Rosh Hashana is the new Thanksgiving
- Las Vegas Shopping for Sport and Support
- Nothing Says
- Library Lounge Lizards
- Catching Up and Honing In
- No Time for FAKERS
- Inspired By Missoni
- The Way They See It
- Natalie Has Joined The Club
- Uncle Silvan's Birthday Celebration
- Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
- Show and Tell with Pennylane
- Eye Carumba, another Co-Pay
- Missoni Mishaps and Mayhem
- Just Another Deductible
- 10 Years Ago
- Leopard Prints and Loyal Readers
- Gluten Free Apple Crumble
- The Warm Welcome
- The Life of a Personal Shopper
- Labor Day Hard Labor
- Pesto Perfecto
- Ballet Day, Ballet Night
- Posting Remorse and other News
- ▼ September (25)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)