Most people mark Labor Day Weekend as the official end of the summer. I chose to observe a different calendar marker: SCHOOL. Once school starts, summer is over.
As I type this post, the backpacks are by the garage door, the clothes are ready for morning, and my camera battery is on the charger because, tomorrow morning is the first day of school, making today, the last day of summer.
In order to celebrate the last day of summer time fun, I pumped and hooked up this new outside water toy.
I only bought it because it was on the 75% summer clearance at CVS, and I had a $5 extra buck that pretty much paid for it. The kids were thrilled to run around the yard getting sprayed with hose water. Natalie was telling the boys, "Mommie only bought us this because it was on sale and we had a coupon, so Daddy won't be mad!"
They played, the yard got watered and you can see that most of the grass that Jeff poisoned earlier in the summer, is growing back. Good times, good times.
Summer 2011 and Camp Helene are finished. I can't say I am too sad. Once school begins, I will be back in business. Literally.
- 10 Layer Gluten Free Cake
- Kindergarten, Take Two with My Three
- The Official End of Summer
- Apple Picking Year After Year
- National Banana Split Day
- Two Down, Four to Go
- Green Pepper Relish
- Our AHA! moments
- A request for Quiche
- A Peck of Peppers Please
- All I Want For Labor Day is My Two Front Teeth
- Lessons in Cesareans and Circumcisions
- The Dog Days of Summer
- My Columbus Zoo Guides
- The Dental Drama Continues
- Invasion of Indianapolis
- Throwing Caution to the Wind
- Jason's Deli is CJ friendly
- Taco Tuesday
- The Real Housewives of Central Ohio
- The Uncle Silvan Situation
- Unbelievable Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Blackberry Picking Palooza
- Toothless Tuesday leads to WTF Wednesday
- Toothless Tuesday
- The Best Part
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)