Sunday, July 3, 2011

Our Sextuplets

When the cousins were younger and much smaller, it seemed as though the triplets plus Lillian
made cute quads, and Charlotte & Samuel made terrifictwins. Taking them all out in public raised more than a few eyebrows. Of course, we make sure to color coordinate all six of them to draw maximum attention to our freak show.

I would be lying if I said I did not love messing with people. Multiples bring out the stupidity in even the most well meaning folks. Seeing six kids all about the same age, dressed alike, makes the general public act foolishly. I adore taking the kids out, and listening to all the comments from the peanut gallery. I am sick like that.

This is what it looked like when Rachelle and I took all six of the cousins to the Market District for brunch. We whored them out in matching Baby Lulu tutu dresses from Costco. Yes, Rachelle found these at her Costco and she gifted my girls their now favorite outfits. Our boys already owned the turquoise polo shirts from Target, so it was a slam dunk to make them all dazzling in a sea of blue and green.

We lined them all up along the bench side of the cafe seating.



We fed them a hodge podge of various foods and allowed them to giggle and laugh at all the potty jokes and toilet humor that is being four and five years old. These kids enjoy being together. They pick up right where they left off.

Forget quads and twins. Now that the kids are almost the same size, we now have our very own set of sextuplet cousins. Triplets plus one is so last year.

2 comments:

asrubin10 said...

I already told my Dr. I take it back: I don't want multiples...I don't even know how I'll handle 2! How I handled yours, I honestly have no idea!?!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

aaryn- be real. you are one of the few people I trusted to take all three infants to restaurants, parks, zoos, etc. When Charlotte joined the group you added her too. If anyone can schlep a gaggle of young kids it is you.

I feel like your nanny experience with us prepared you for anything Hashem can throw your way,.

Next time- TWINS!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter