In the spirit of documenting the childhood firsts, here is a post about Eli and his ability to scare the crap out of me at age 5. I could have said it is a post about Eli and his bike riding prowess, but sorry, I am not as proud as I am fearful and nervous.
This is a kid that always in motion. He likes to go fast. He enjoys a thrill with speed. He taught himself to ride a bike because he was bored with training wheels and their hindrance on his zoom. You seriously did not think I encouraged him to take his life into his own hands? I was fine with him lolly gagging around the garage and driveway with a safety net of two extra little wheels.
Is it wrong to pad the sidewalk? Oy, my preemie.
What is done is done. There is no turning back.
In fact, after I made this video, he spent three hours riding up and down the sidewalk practicing. He has perfected riding a bike.
Hearing your first born child say, "Look ma, no training wheels!" is translated with overprotective Jewish Mother code, and morphs into me replying with, "I need more medication."
It is going to be a long summer.
- Summer Salon Adventures
- The Slutsky Cousin All Star Band
- A Zero Star Rating
- Car Seat Humor Only a Parent Can Appreciate
- The Wife of a Second Degree Black Belt
- The In State Stay-Cation Begins Now
- Beat the Heat at the Library
- Peaches and Cream Hot Cereal
- It is not the heat, it is the creativity
- The Back Burner
- Farmers Market Plus Blueberry Patch = Baking
- If it is good enough for CJ Slutsky, it is good en...
- Blueberry Patch Kids
- The New Albany Farmers Market
- My Husband Can Break Concrete with His Bare Hands
- Blowing My Brains Out
- Another Week of Camp Helene
- The Disney Disc
- Our Zoo Zoo Pets
- Sweet Puppy Love
- Look Ma, No Training Wheels
- COSI Messy Science Day
- The Fourth of July, 444 Takes Later
- Our BCF's
- Our Sextuplets
- Our Old House
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)