Thursday, July 7, 2011

Look Ma, No Training Wheels

In the spirit of documenting the childhood firsts, here is a post about Eli and his ability to scare the crap out of me at age 5. I could have said it is a post about Eli and his bike riding prowess, but sorry, I am not as proud as I am fearful and nervous.

This is a kid that always in motion. He likes to go fast. He enjoys a thrill with speed. He taught himself to ride a bike because he was bored with training wheels and their hindrance on his zoom. You seriously did not think I encouraged him to take his life into his own hands? I was fine with him lolly gagging around the garage and driveway with a safety net of two extra little wheels.

Is it wrong to pad the sidewalk? Oy, my preemie.

What is done is done. There is no turning back.

In fact, after I made this video, he spent three hours riding up and down the sidewalk practicing. He has perfected riding a bike.

Hearing your first born child say, "Look ma, no training wheels!" is translated with overprotective Jewish Mother code, and morphs into me replying with, "I need more medication."

It is going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter