I am deep into Camp Helene now that the grandparents and cousins have left. I spend every waking moment of may day preparing and cleaning up meals, schlepping people places and finding time to research where we can go and what we can do for free.
Ahhhhhhh, my saving grace, the library. I saw that Marc Rossio, the music leader from preschool at Temple Beth Chanel was performing a concert in Gahanna. Checklist: Geographically desirable, entertaining, and FREE. I was all over it.
The kids were so happy to see Marc. They used to attend his concerts at Easton back when they had to sit in high chairs, so there is a familiar history with him. They have fond memories of his Friday Shabbat shows at their preschool. They think he is funny and since he is sarcastic, they totally get his sense of humor.
There was plenty of dancing, singing,
and audience participation. A concert with Marc is action packed and requires the kids to be involved and engaged with the moment.
At one point, CJ was bored with the show, so he kept himself busy building stuff with the DVD cases.
This is so typical of him, and I admire that he can find something to entertain himself when what is being offered does not suit him.
After the show we settled into the reading nook and everyone grabbed a book and cozied up to read.
CJ chose to work a puzzle from the buried treasure trunk instead. I checked out a few books for them, grabbed some DVD movies and we called it a field trip.
It is just another day at Camp Helene where I am overworked and under paid.
- Summer Salon Adventures
- The Slutsky Cousin All Star Band
- A Zero Star Rating
- Car Seat Humor Only a Parent Can Appreciate
- The Wife of a Second Degree Black Belt
- The In State Stay-Cation Begins Now
- Beat the Heat at the Library
- Peaches and Cream Hot Cereal
- It is not the heat, it is the creativity
- The Back Burner
- Farmers Market Plus Blueberry Patch = Baking
- If it is good enough for CJ Slutsky, it is good en...
- Blueberry Patch Kids
- The New Albany Farmers Market
- My Husband Can Break Concrete with His Bare Hands
- Blowing My Brains Out
- Another Week of Camp Helene
- The Disney Disc
- Our Zoo Zoo Pets
- Sweet Puppy Love
- Look Ma, No Training Wheels
- COSI Messy Science Day
- The Fourth of July, 444 Takes Later
- Our BCF's
- Our Sextuplets
- Our Old House
- ▼ July (26)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)