Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kindergarten Commencement

Jeff and I attended the triplets' kindergarten graduation today. It was a beautiful ceremony in the shul,*** at school, with all the kids completely fapootzed. The entire class was on the make shift stage, they sang songs and entertained the masses before receiving their diplomas.

I tried to take some photos of my children, but I was competing for the right spot, the best angles and I was jockeying for a direct view of the faces with 40 or so other parents.
The school contracted a professional photographer to video tape the program, service and take individual portraits of the graduates as they got their diplomas. For a fee. If I had $40 per child, or $120 laying around, I am not sure I would allocate those funds for fancy photos and a commemorative dvd.



I will just make do with my own crappy shots, my fond memories and call it a day.

Fortunately. I snagged these photos just outside of the school shul.

I knew the action shots would turn out iffy, so at least I captured their real personalities on my digital.

All of the kids had a speaking part and were instructed on how to use the microphone. I was able to video record CJ because I knew exactly when his part was to be said.

My battery died about five seconds afterwards, so I will have to make due with hearing only his sweet voice from this special day. Please be seated. He practiced this line for a week!

Jeff and I were so proud, so impressed and so thrilled with their experience this year, that we are doing it all over again in the Fall. Kindergarten commencement take one is done.


***Shul
Shool
Yiddish slang for synagogue
The Bar Mitzvah service was held at the shul.

1 comment:

Michele S said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It makes me all weepy. These kids are growing up too fast. Make it stop!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter