Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zippity Doo Dah

Zippity Doo Dah
Zippity Ay
My oh my
What a wonderful day.


Plenty of sunshine
Comin' my way.
Zippity Doo Dah
Zippity Ay


Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder,
It's the truth;
It's actual;
Everything is satisfactual.


Zippity Doo Dah
Zippity Ay
Wonderful feeling,
Wonderful day!


The triplets have been rehearsing this song as part of an upcoming school performance. I had not paid much attention to it until this morning. Eli was belting out the tune and I heard him make an honest mistake in the lyrics.

For a Jewish kid whose father watches investment news, CNBC, the Bloomberg channel and any other financial news network, Eli pretty much just sang what was familiar to him. He sang what he knows.

Mr. BLOOMBERG on my shoulder,
It's the truth;
It's actual;
Everything is satisfactual.

And honestly, when did a blue bird ever land on your shoulder? But that Mr. Bloomberg, he is always around.

2 comments:

Michele S said...

But does he run around, screaming, "BOOYAH"? Gosh, I hate that guy and Greg has him on constantly.

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Booyah. Slap!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter