Friday, May 27, 2011

Charlotte's Happy Meal

While some kids are begging their parents to take them to McDonald's for a Happy Meal, my three year old daughter Charlotte, chooses sushi instead. Mr. Sushi is Charlotte's idea of a happy meal, and I could not be happier.

My parental influences are obvious. Some good, some bad, some delicious.

I love this kid. I enjoy spending time with her, and when she asked if Daddy could go to lunch with us, I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Where do you want to go?" Charlotte said, "How bout Mr. Sushi, I love Mr. Sushi!"

At lunchtime they offer a two roll special with miso soup and a salad for $8.95, it is a total mitz-see-ah***! So with that, I called Jeff and suggested an impromptu lunch date.

Here is my daughter, enjoying her Mr. Sushi happy meal.

Doesn't she look happy with the salad, unagi avocado roll, and shrimp tempura roll? She ate 12 pieces of sushi along with the soup and salad. This is what was left on her plate
when she declared she was stuffed.

It is all a matter of perspective. This is what my daughter identifies with lunch. I am just happy with the meal.


Yiddish word of the day:
Mitz-see-ah
A bargain, or a good deal.
They marked down the Gucci scarves at Filene's Basement and now they are really a mitz-see-ah.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter