Thursday, May 12, 2011

BLOG-Grrrrrrrrrrr

updated on May 25, 2011 as Google Chrome has now cached the original post...

here is the cut and pasted version from the original blog that was removed and never recovered by the fine folks in customer dis-service at Blogger.

As part of the High School Senior year, Mitchell filmed, directed, edited and created a video about his life. I was honored that he and his friends selected our family for this project. When they were in the planning stages of making a day in the life, documentary style movie, I was so proud that he chose to capture our crazy family.

I knew that with Mitchell's warped sense of humor, his father's rugged good looks, and our ever cooperative gaggle of people, the script would require some serious skills in editing. I did not realize that the instructor gave the Senior students carte blanche with language and subject matter. This project was designed to showcase real life subjects and they were encouraged to think outside the box. Given that criteria, I am sure you will agree, the finished product is definitely entertaining.

Without further delay, the following is a fifteen minute look into the hearts and souls of the Slutsky family, as influenced by Mitchell, Jackass, South Park, Kids Say The Darnedest Things, and any reality series on the market. As with most of those shows, the rating is probably "R" for language, violence, subject matter, and brief nudity. Please do not view this in the presence of children who are easily influenced by cursing.



Even with Mitchell's verbal diss on the topic of my verbose, embellished, fictional blog, I sure hope he gets an A.

We give a new meaning to family movies. I am sure there will be further editing done for future viewings at Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, weddings and family reunions.

If this kid ever becomes a famous movie director, he better thank me in his Academy Award winning speech, I'm just sayin.

end update!



As you may have noticed, the post that originally appeared here is gone. Blogger had some technical issues and as I re-enter this post on Sunday May 15, it is still not fixed. I am retroactively, going back to put the words back together as best I can.

I have been told that the gliches at Blogger are being fixed and that the post should be reinstated. Three days ago the message from Blogger suggested that almost all the blogs had been restored. Tick, tock, tick tock, I am still waiting.

Here is the video that Mitchell and his friends created as part of their Senior Project at Columbus Academy.


I am hoping that the original post that was removed in the roll back, will be up again, since I spent a great deal of time writing the whole blah blah story.

Until then, I wanted to repost the video and see if my current drafts would actually appear on the blog.

6 comments:

The Wright Trips said...

Haha! That was great! I was cracking up thru it. Love the part where he put the South Park episode in saying that is how his sister was. Awww, siblings! Mine would say the same thing about me. The interview on the toilet with Mitchell was classic. What a good lookin', fun family!!

Anonymous said...

sorry but the interview on the toilet is tasteless, especially for a school project.

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Anon- you were warned.

Clearly you are not around 18 year old boys much- they are the most tasteless people on the planet. Their teacher recognized their creativity and ability to appeal to their audience, of other 18 year old tasteless minds.

I guess I am just immune to tasteless these days. My whole life story is a clusterfuck, which in itself is tasteless too.

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Mama Wright.... what's a clitoris?

Mitchell said...

anonymous: we got an A- on the project, one of the highest grades in the class. So let my put this plain, simply, and without taste, suck my balls.

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Awwwww Mitchell, you make me, ummmmm. yeah, so proud, an A-

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter