Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nine Years Ago

Nine years ago today, I took the biggest gamble of my life in Las Vegas. I did not split face cards, double down on 16, or even let it ride- I just showed up. On April 28, 2002 I went to Las Vegas for a blind date with Jeff Slutsky.

I have told the story before, but looking back over the details of our first date, I can't believe it was nine years ago. Six kids, two Jack Russells, a Panamanian Au Pair and a house in New Albany, ago? Holy Crap.

To celebrate this milestone anniversary, I asked Jeff to meet me at the bar at Cap City Diner at 5:30 tonight. There was no gamble on the geography this time, and since we went so freaking early, we scored happy hour pricing on our meal of appetizers. I was never a cheap date in the past, but now, as a married old woman, a $5 Bartlett Pear Long Island Iced Tea and a few half-priced appetizers later, I realized I am a cheap date NOW.

It only took Nine Years!

2 comments:

Edward said...

Sweet. And to think the morning after your special meet-up is the new anniversary of the future queen!

Pyjammy Pam said...

That's funny! I met mine 9 years & 9 days ago. :)

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter