Nine years ago today, I took the biggest gamble of my life in Las Vegas. I did not split face cards, double down on 16, or even let it ride- I just showed up. On April 28, 2002 I went to Las Vegas for a blind date with Jeff Slutsky.
I have told the story before, but looking back over the details of our first date, I can't believe it was nine years ago. Six kids, two Jack Russells, a Panamanian Au Pair and a house in New Albany, ago? Holy Crap.
To celebrate this milestone anniversary, I asked Jeff to meet me at the bar at Cap City Diner at 5:30 tonight. There was no gamble on the geography this time, and since we went so freaking early, we scored happy hour pricing on our meal of appetizers. I was never a cheap date in the past, but now, as a married old woman, a $5 Bartlett Pear Long Island Iced Tea and a few half-priced appetizers later, I realized I am a cheap date NOW.
It only took Nine Years!
- Cost Cutting, Grass Cutting Measures
- Gas Prices at an all time HIGH
- Nine Years Ago
- Good Old Fashioned Fun
- Passover is OVER!
- Five Years Ago Today
- The Photo Umbrella
- Run Like The Wind
- Passover Patience
- If you need to flush $6400 down the crapper...
- Imitation can be flattering
- Grandparenting Goodness Gone Bad
- The Seder
- Simon Says it is time to make Macaroons
- The Secret is Out- GEE DUBYA
- Extreme Couponing FAIL
- Our Preschool Picasso Strikes Again
- In the Wee Wee Hours of the Morning
- Bragging Rights
- A Lesson in Age
- Passover Pork on Sale
- Old Softie
- Writing From the Heart
- Computer Drama
- I am so screwed!
- Further PROOF of my love for Giant Eagle
- A Lesson in Keeping Kosher, by Natalie
- A Lesson in Circumcision by Eli
- The Winners
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)