Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sibling Sweetness

The days of the triplets posing in harmony are fleeting. As infants, I often staged them in photos, holding hands, cheek to cheek, and being genuinely close to each other. It was so cute to see them all cuddling and cozy.



These are some of my favorite photos because they showcase how tender the moments were- sibling sweetness!

As they have gotten older, and have formed opinions, this has morphed into them fighting about someone being in their space, refusing to stand next to so and so, and other protests during a photo shoot. It is not uncommon for me to say, "Okay, pretend that you guys like each other, stand still and let me take the picture already!"

When I least expect it, sometimes when the moon and stars align, the triplets will be all lovey dovey with each other. I caught a quick glimpse of this last week at the Kollel. During the skits Eli and Natalie were sitting together, holding hands,

being friends, and they displayed that sibling sweetness I miss. Awwwwww, que linda.

I can't force them to enjoy each others company but it is so precious when they do it on their own. Let the record reflect that on occasion, my children display a sibling sweetness.



PS- CJ was off on the other side of the room playing with two pipe cleaners at the time. He could have cared less about the story and skit. Typical.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Having been reading your blog for a while.. It is SOOO funny to look at these old photos and be able to instantly figure out who is who! Such differences from birth! Adorable!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Jessica, I know- it is crazy, they do look like themselves. When we visit the NICU the nurses instantly know who is who...CJ round head and lighter (now curly) hair, Eli same face, dark hair, and Natalie with a bow.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter