Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Model Son

With a double meaning, this title states the truth. Mitchell is a great role model for our little kids, in addition to being a runway model. When it comes to having model sons, we hit the jackpot.

The NEDA fashion show was a fundraiser that allowed Mitchell to strut his stuff in borrowed clothes. He looked amazing as he worked the runway at the Franklin Park Conservatory. With the art of Dale Chihuly in the background, this was another time in our life, when the artist was there for a monumental event. I smiled as soon as I noticed that the runway was in front of the glass sculptures. PERFECT!

Here is a brief video that shows the incredible sight and sound of the show.
How can you not smile when you see such a complete ham in action. He gets this from his father you know.

All of Mitchell's fellow classmates and friends



did an incredible job of working the runway. The images do not do their attitudes justice. The show lasted about 20 minutes but I could have sat for hours watching these beauties.

The young men and women that volunteered their time and talent for this philanthropic show should be equally proud. They raised money for a charity, and had a great time. It is hard to believe they produced this show, sold tickets, and made it all happen during their high school junior and senior year. With all the sarcastic babble I spew about their hotsy totsy private school, this is one time when I can honestly eat crow, and say, these kids got it goin on.

I still remember Mitchell, Garrett, Jimmy and Jeff
as little pishers. I look back at the older photos I have and shake my head. Where did these kids go? How is it possible that these boys have turned into solid citizens and MEN.

Oy, my head hurts thinking about it.

Jeff and I had a wonderful evening with Mitchell and his friends. I practically forced Jeff to pose with Catherine,knowing good and well that she would be towering over him in the photo. Aside from the fact that she is darling and tall, she is smart, funny, dedicated and lovely. She has been friends with Mitchell since third grade. Seeing her look like a beautiful, 6 foot tall young lady was instantly blog worthy.

I guess I am now the bonus mom to a fashion model. I do like the sound of that. It is music to my ears.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter