Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Heart Thanks You, My Ass, Not So Much

I am a thank you note snob. (among other snobbery of course!) I thought I was the last person on earth to send formal thank you notes. As much as I adore the internet and the instant gratification of e-mail, I absolutely obsess about fancy papers and ribbons.

Writing thank you notes is an excuse to splurge on the most beautiful and la dee da cards and inks. One good deed deserves recognition, which is why I I feel an obligation to honor the kindness with something heartfelt and special. I feel that civilized people still write with pen and paper in addition to being computer savvy.

Imagine my utter giddiness when I got a written thank you note in the mail this week. Penned on a photography travel card, Edward from Faith to Vishwas, actually wrote me a note. I mean really, if he has time to write a thank you note, anyone does.

Then, to top of his gratitude, Edward sent me a plethora of sweetness from The Cherbourg Bakery. Who follows up a thank you card, with a thank you gift? I felt almost guiltyas I shared his generosity with the kids. All this blog love is becoming fattening.

As a follow up to previous blog love for the Cherbourg Bakery, and additional visual praise to Edward, here is what it looks like when you send someone a gift of gluten free goodies from heaven.


Too bad for you that the internet does not offer smell-a-vision and taste-a-vision.

My heart thanked him back, but my fat ass? Yeah, not so much.

Now the question is....do I write a thank you note for my thank you note and gift?

You bet my big sweet ass I do!

3 comments:

Edward said...

Let's have a 'THANK YOU' off!!!! But just so you know, you are playing with a well-mannered gay man!

We really do love our little fantastic hats....you started the parade of generosity!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

OY my head hurts thinking about the challenge....gay man versus Jewish American Princess. Vegas can't even predict the outcome of this one.

Stay tuned for the thank you note for your thank you note. The real winner in this competition is the US POstal service.

Thanks again!
XOXOXO

The Wright Trips said...

Ummm, yea, my mouth is salivating looking at those wonderful treats! I wanna be friends with Edward, too!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter