I am a thank you note snob. (among other snobbery of course!) I thought I was the last person on earth to send formal thank you notes. As much as I adore the internet and the instant gratification of e-mail, I absolutely obsess about fancy papers and ribbons.
Writing thank you notes is an excuse to splurge on the most beautiful and la dee da cards and inks. One good deed deserves recognition, which is why I I feel an obligation to honor the kindness with something heartfelt and special. I feel that civilized people still write with pen and paper in addition to being computer savvy.
Imagine my utter giddiness when I got a written thank you note in the mail this week. Penned on a photography travel card, Edward from Faith to Vishwas, actually wrote me a note. I mean really, if he has time to write a thank you note, anyone does.
Then, to top of his gratitude, Edward sent me a plethora of sweetness from The Cherbourg Bakery. Who follows up a thank you card, with a thank you gift? I felt almost guiltyas I shared his generosity with the kids. All this blog love is becoming fattening.
As a follow up to previous blog love for the Cherbourg Bakery, and additional visual praise to Edward, here is what it looks like when you send someone a gift of gluten free goodies from heaven.
Too bad for you that the internet does not offer smell-a-vision and taste-a-vision.
My heart thanked him back, but my fat ass? Yeah, not so much.
Now the question is....do I write a thank you note for my thank you note and gift?
You bet my big sweet ass I do!
- Out Takes, Take One
- The Birthplace of Aviation is Lame
- Do not Pass-over the Gluten Free Options
- Weighing In
- Sunday at Starbucks with Charlotte
- An Update on Abbie Dorn and her triplets
- Oh HAIL, yes!
- Gluten Free Berry Explosion Muffins
- Four Foodie Freaks
- Mondays with Moshe
- Makiwara Board or Makiwara Bored?
- My Heart Thanks You, My Ass, Not So Much
- The Mystery Tour during March Madness
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Hamantashen Recipe
- Senior Photos
- Ridiculously Cute Fake Friends
- Sibling Sweetness
- The Coupon Gods Are Smiling At Me
- Ahhhhh, the silence from the back seat
- Mojitos and Mommie Porn
- Get Outta The &%$#@*! Road
- The Cherbourg Gluten Free Nut Free Bakery in Bexle...
- Our Model Son
- The Crafting Phase
- Financial Aid for Field Trips
- Princess and Pirate Night at Chick-Fila, also know...
- Let's Play a Game
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)