Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Lady Luck

Lady luck has been on my side during this trip. I have won a few bucks, made some new friends, and spent some quality time with the fam damily.

We scheduled ourselves for massage this morning, and started the day getting our pampering on. Forget brunch and shopping to start the day….massage is where it is at people. When I finally get my dream compound, I will have brother husbands, and sister wives to lessen my load. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that one of my additional spouses will be a professional massage therapist. I could get used to this.

Rachelle, Susan and I met my parents and their friends for lunch at Mon Ami Gabi on the strip. (I could ruin my luck by doing an honest and negative restaurant review, but I will save all that drama for another time) Mom and Dad took over the condo for the rest of the week, so it was bye-bye Eichenwald women, hello Eichenwald parentals. We totally tag teamed the time share so our timing was perfect. No wasted condo time and Dad paid for lunch. Win-Win.

I got to my gate and checked in for my scheduled return flight. Since Lady Luck was with me, I was able to volunteer my seat for the over sold departure. I got Mitchell to cover my shift on Wednesday, so that Jeff would not be inconvenienced by my delayed return to Columnus. I explained the situation to Mitchell this way: If you pick up the kids after school and do the duties I would be doing if I were home, you can redeem the Southwest airline voucher to go somewhere for spring break. That made us both happy. Mitchell can now travel during his senior year spring break, and I can extend my Mommie-cation for just one more day.

With this kind of luck, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket? Come on, Momma needs a new pair of shoes, or at least some private school tuition.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter