Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brunch and Shopping

While in New York, I was in my zone. The food. The friends. The shopping, oh the shopping. I could get used to it.

The trip started out with shoes. Beverly gifted me a pair of 9B's from her collection. If I had a recent pedicure, I would have put them on right then and there, despite the cold weather. I am crazy like that.
Seriously, these go with every all black outfit I own. Too much is not enough, you are right Beverly. Truer words have not been said.

They are even more special because she lovingly gave them to me, and now they have a story. Just like my Jimmy Choo's from my first date with Jeff, these leopard print sandals, mark the weekend she met John. How cool is it that on both blind dates I scored shoes? WIN-WIN!

We met up with Uncle Silvan's niece and my long time blog reader, Marcie. I feel like I have known her for years because we share so much in all things Krel and Slutsky. This was our first in person meeting,and you would have never guessed it. Our brunch at the Cupping Room Cafe in Soho was amazing. I love a good local hang out where the food is stellar and the vibe is cool.
Forget the Zagat rating, you can take my word for it. My nova lox omelet with scallions and cream cheese was dreamy and perfect.

On the way back to our loft (thanks Leil) I spotted some New York people and their dogs. I made sure to whip out my camera for the blog. I am a tourist like that, and besides, when I looked at this scene,

I had to have proof that the pets were better dressed and groomed than their owners. Indeed, they were.

I scored some crazy cool animal hats for the kids. These are functional, adorable and cute enough to pass as a gift. Part toy, part fashion,



so I was a hero when I got home. I managed to negotiate a deal on Canal Street, and for $5 a piece I should have grabbed a few more for my gift closet. Now, I have an excuse to go back, as if I needed one.

In keeping with my hair brained schemes, I needed to find a new leather watch band for Jeff's good watch. While on Canal street I was offered some very nice looking watches. I am quite certain these designer watches were of the faux variety because last time I checked Patek Phillipe was not hocking timepieces for $25. I got to thinking about the band though. Who would know if I bought a replica watch and swiped out the band onto Jeff's watch? I brought Jeff's watch down to the kiosks on Canal Street and bought a watch just for the band. GENIUS. If any of my readers want a fake Patek watch minus the band, just let me know. I am happy to help.

This was a Sunday well spent. I got so much done and to top it off, I had a great time. Brunching and shopping, yeah, I could totally make this a habit.

4 comments:

Aaryn said...

yeah...i think you forgot to call me

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

yeah, I was gonna call, but we ended up being really busy until 5:30 on Friday night, then it was officially Shabbos.

Sunday we did the Canal Street thing and brunch then had to be at LGA by 2:00. I was insane.

Next time, you come here so I can get plenty of Moshe time.

Mona Baker said...

looks more lke pro dog walkers than owners maybe ; )

asrubin10 said...

next time I come aren't you going to be gone? :)

you didn't want to stop in the bronx? we offer our own kind of entertainment, i mean c'mon, we're the icepick wound capital of the world :)

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter