Jeff has been complaining of pain in his knee all winter long. Some days it hurts more than others, so he finally agreed to get it checked with an MRI. It turns out he has a torn ACL, (anterior cruciate ligament) and will need surgery.
For the last two weeks I have made countless phone calls about this problem. Jeff needs a pre-surgery physical. The surgi-center has a few forms and pre authorization process. Our insurance carrier has their policies and procedures. Overall, I have spent hours conducting business about Jeff's ACL. Oh joy, the medical hoops we jump through, gah.
Eli has been paying attention. He may act like he is innocently sitting in his booster seat watching a DVD as I drive, but now, I have proof that he is listening to my conversations. Up until today, he thought I was spelling something so that he would not understand what I was saying.
According to Eli, Jeff has a torn ackle. His surgery is scheduled to repair the ackle. Eli's teacher asked if Jeff broke his ANKLE. I said, "Actually he has a torn ACL, and is going to have out-patient surgery later this month!" She laughed, and told me that Eli had informed of Jeff's ackle surgery.
Eli sounded out A-C-L, and thought I was spelling it out, rather than saying the actual word. The kid cracks me up. ACL or Ackle, regardless of how you pronounce it, we will be having it surgically repaired.
Good times, Good times.
- The Ten Commandments of Parents
- Gluten Free Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
- Does the Tooth Fairy work on Shabbat?
- La Leche Dulce de Leche from Baby Gaga
- Fueling the Blog by Flying
- The Women(?) of Savers
- My Lady Luck
- Hakuna Matata
- VIVA VIVA VIVA, Las Vegas!
- Greeetings from 30,000 feet!
- Scootering and Picking Up Porcupine Poop
- Ackle Surgery
- We had a good run
- The Fancy Gluten Free Valentine's Meal
- Charlotte Celebrates Valentine's Day
- The Chase Bank Triplets Commercial
- The Valentine Craft-a-thon
- The Kindergarten Mulligan
- Valentine "V" Trends
- Wired Differently
- Coupon Drama
- Gluten Free Choices
- Brunch and Shopping
- Foreshadowing or Fate?
- My Name is Helen and I play Snoopy Drawers
- Here Today, Hair Tomorrow
- The Sounds of Silence Do Not Exist
- SNOW MY GAWD
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2010 (313)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)