Monday, January 31, 2011

Snowmageddon

Apparently, we are expecting a monster winter storm that is hyped to be the storm of the century or something equally as scary. Our weather team seems to exaggerate for fear and panic and I secretly think they get kick backs from the grocery stores, who instantly sell out of milk, eggs and bread. It is a marketing thing. Supply and Demand.

I am done with Central Ohio winter, and I am dreaming of moving to where there are sunny skies, warm breezes and where the only snow you can find in on a cone.

Since the house is stocked with plenty of food, and we have enough diet coke to make it at least three weeks, I am safely tucked inside the house waiting for the onslaught of snow, sleet, freezing rain and frigid temperatures.

To double jinx myself, I did not pack the kids lunches or lay out their school clothes tonight. I am hopeful that this winter storm warning is a false alarm. By being unprepared we are sure to dodge the mess and will be scrambling to get everyone out the door on time. I want everyone out the door.

In the mean time, we play the wait and see game. We go to bed. We wait for the level III automated wake up call at 6:00 a.m. that tells us there is no school. I do not have a good feeling about this at all.

Snowmaggedon 2011, oh please spare me the pain.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter