Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jewish Kindergarten- FAIL

I knew it would happen sooner or later. My children would say or do something at school that would showcase our non observant ways. Let's face it, when it comes to practicing Judaism, we are on the lighter side of the spectrum. The Chanel School is hard core.

This week the kids were learning the Parsha, Beshalach. They learned that in the desert G-d gave the Jewish people Mon(Manna)to eat every day. He gave them two on Friday so they would have one on the Sabbath. This Mon arrived from the heavens and had the taste or flavor of whatever the people wanted. If only this would happen right now- I am hankering for some cinnamon dolce latte flavored Mon.

Anywho, after learning all about Mon in the Beshalach, the kids were all asked a question. "If you ate Mon, what would yours taste like?" Simple enough. Natalie answered with cherries, bananas, oranges and mango. How sweet. Eli suggested that his would taste like pink cotton candy. Nice, and YES, his favorite color is still pink. CJ, my gluten free Jewish child, said his Mon would be just like a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. FAIL. He might as well said his would be a ham sandwich or a cheeseburger with bacon. I could just curl up and D-I-E of being mortified!

So tonight, as I crawl under a hole of Jewish Day School embarrassment, I am going to be dreaming of my own delicious Mon. Perhaps when I wake up in the morning Jeff will have gone to Starbucks for my Cinnamon Dolce Latte Mon, and the pepperoni pizza response will have just been a dream?

Jewish parenting FAIL!

3 comments:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Now who is to say that was not Turkey Pepperoni?

Aaryn said...

turkey and cheese is still a no no...but it could have been fake. Ephraim just made himself a pepperoni pizza yesterday-it was vegan!

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

My apologies! Of course your right! I was thinking back to a friend who had to calm down her ex when her daughter told them they ate pizza.. He is Muslim.. she had to reassure him it was Turkey Pepperoni.
As long as there are children around we(parents) will never get away with everything!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter