Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gluten free white chicken chili soup

Nothing says cold winter day like a hot cup of soup. This recipe makes a huge crock pot full of chicken chili, and this freezes great for lunches to be named later. My kids gobble this up by the bowl full and they LOVE scooping it up with Frito's scoop chips instead of a spoon.

You can add some additional mix ins when serving it. Shredded cheese, sour cream, bits of leftover veggies, are all good choices.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 medium red onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 – 4 oz. cans of chopped mild green chilies
1 t ground cumin
1 1/2 t Italian Herbs
1/4 t cayenne pepper
32 oz. Great Northern White Beans, undrained
6 c chicken stock (or GF boxed broth)
6 c chopped cooked chicken (leftovers are perfect)
15 oz can of creamed corn, undrained.

Tortilla Chips, or Fritos Scoops and cheese optional for topping.

Dump all the ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low all day.

This is one of my go to recipes in the Winter. Everyone loves white chicken chili and it meets all the necessary requirements here- quick, easy, nutritious, gluten free, uses on hand ingredients, freezes well and best of all, it is popular with everyone. No complaints!

Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh man Helene! I can't decide if this is 1 day too late or 2 days too early. My gluten free MIL is coming on Thursday and I spent all day Sunday searching for a crock pot recipe to make for dinner thurs night. I found a chilli online and bought all the ingredients last night. But this sounds yummier. I have time to get new ingredients... but I already bought those other ones... decisions decisions!

Dinetonite said...

I've been searching for the perfect satay recipe for a while now... shall have to give yours a try!

bearie1 said...

Sounds good. Quite different from my white chili recipe though. Will give it a try. Elaine

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Alicia, let me know if your mil liked it

Alicia said...

Unfortunately I went with my original one and my MIL didn't eat it b/c apparently she is also allergic to black beans. I totally should have made this one. DIL fail.

Anonymous said...

Helen, I have been following your family grow for awhile now. I am also a Gluten Free parent. It is very hard sometimes to put a meal together. I do have a question for you....What kind of cream of corn do you buy that is GF? This recipe sounds yummy!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your recipes! Sharon Williams email address: cmycloset21@comcast.net

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter