Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Remarks and Speeches

We attended the annual Varsity football banquet for Mitchell. It is always nice to hear the coaches remarks about your child, especially when the remarks are heartfelt and sincere. It is especially wonderful to hear someone else praise and appreciate your child.

Since this blog is an alternative to keeping every photo, highlight, newspaper clipping and certificate, I am pleased to have video recorded Coach Barren for posterity.

Someday, Mitchell will thank me for the blog. For now, not so much.

With four younger siblings hogging the posts, it is a refreshing change for me to dedicate this space to Mitchell. Coach Barren is allowed to speak about Mitchell in such a glorious manner, but me, not so much. Not according to Mitchell who loathes the blog. Ahhhhh, the blog.

It was like pulling teeth (stay tuned on Thursday for another tooth pulling blog post) to get Mitchell to pose for these photographs.


He fights me, calls me names and gives me death glares, but somehow, I manage to get my snaps. I am not a quitter either, and when I set my mind to something, I do it. If there is one thing I have in common with this kid, it is our hard headedness.

The coach motivates Mitchell to be a better player, and likewise, Mitchell has a reverse psychology way of motivating me to be a better parent. This young man is hilarious, smart as hell, and most of all, he is charming-

I would like to think he gets these traits from me, but I had nothing to do with it. His father is a professional speaker, and the apple don't fall from the tree in this case. Mitchell's senior football speech was last but not least.

It's complicated, but no matter how hard he tries to piss me off, I just can't stay mad at him.

These are my official remarks.

Congratulations Mitchell you deserve all the glory. Now, clean your room and take out the trash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that kid is hilarios

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Hey Anonymous, you spell like your father too. NICE Mitchell, but next time own up to your remarks by revealing your identity.

LOVE YOU

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter