Monday, October 11, 2010

Scary Halloween Costumes

My parents have been a frightening pair for quite some time. I think they get a real kick out of dressing up for Halloween and if they only knew how truly scary they looked, perhaps they might quit it, or at least take it down a notch or two.

Allow me to post some of the previous Halloween costumes I have witnessed.


Perhaps my readers will think they are "cute", but remember these are my parents. They are effin freaks I tell ya, F-R-E-A-K-S, they are freaks that freak me out.

This year, I received an e-mail with the following photo in it. Apparently my parents felt the need to allow my 60 something, overweight, balding father to dress in drag. It does not get scarier than this:I downloaded the image, opened it and I actually threw up in my own mouth. My father is dressed as a Hawaiian woman named Mamma Kamanawanalea. Oy. My head is hurting.

Why? Why G-d? Please, for the love of everything holy, please make it stop!

In the past, some folks have left comments about my sketchy parenting skills. A few have suggested that my children are therapy bound. One commenter even urged me to save money for the future when all four kids will be on the couch. With grandparents like this, we will all need some sessions. And now, I have dragged you into it too. You are on your own though, BOO!

So tell me, are these the scariest Halloween costumes you have ever seen? I think I need to pour bleach in my eyes. Thanks Mom and Dad. Thanks a lot.

4 comments:

Mona Baker said...

i officially love your parents, what a hoot and a refreshing change from sticks in the mud

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Mona, are you willing to help pay for my therapy or not?

Melanie said...

They look like they are having fun and that's what makes them awesome grandparents. But as their child, I completely get it! I'm still embarrassed by my parents too but love to see my kids act silly with them.
Next year, your dad should go in a sumo wrestler costume.

Anonymous said...

Everyone at Salon Mission loved the photo from this year.

Nana & Papa

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter