Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up not Clean Up

I have been neglecting the blog for days. It is not for a lack of content but for a lack of face time with my computer. I have been playing catch up with my life and I am finally at a point where I can sit down with a cup of coffee, put my thoughts into words, and take a deep breath.

The last few days were non-stop, full throttle schlepping around town. I put 344 miles on the van in less than four days. Locally. This equates to driving from one end of Columbus and back everyday, sometimes, twice a day. I am a skilled multi-tasker when it comes to drive time- I can return calls, schedule appointments, and listen to voice mail all hands free on my I-phone through the speakers of the van, but I can't upload photos and post titillating facts while zooming round 270.

I met my favorite triplet mommas for lunch at Morgan House in Dublin. This is a girlie restaurant surrounded by small nooks of gift shops, all tucked inside an old fashioned farmhouse.




This is the opposite experience of going to a chain restaurant or mall, which is a refreshing change around here. The cafe serves quiche, soups, salads and sandwiches which are perfect after browsing through all the goodies. I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures of the group and the food. By the time I remembered to get out my camera, no one would pose for me. We were all stuffed to the gills and were sans our lipstick. I was able to get a snap of the newest sibling of triplets,who at 3 weeks old was the star of the show anyway!

I bought Jeff this really cool kitchen gadget called a Tovolo Pancake Pen.
Normally he makes gluten free pancakes with a bowl, a whisk, and a pyrex glass measuring cup, leaving a sticky, batter crusted mess for me or Argenida. While we both LOVE that he makes breakfast, sometimes the aftermath is worse than the alternative. PROBLEM SOLVED. This handy dandy shaker system allows him to throw all the pancake ingredients into the tube, seal it, shake it, and pour it onto the griddle. He is now using it to create letters in Hebrew and English for some educational, tasty, gluten free breakfasts. The best part: One item to toss into the dishwasher! Clean counter tops and no spatter. SCORE!

So while I have had plenty of free time, lest I am not scouring pancake batter off of every kitchen surface now, I am still getting caught up on all the other mandatory fun. If you find going to three different grocery stores, the bank, the post office, the pharmacy, the pet store, and Big Lots entertaining, then come on- I can use an assistant.

The days are long but the weeks fly by people.

My to do list is so long, I had to enter it in my i-phone because I kept misplacing the index cards, front and back.

Meeting friends and new babies for lunch in real life trumps errands and blogging- and now that I am playing catch up not clean up, I should be able to get back on track.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter