Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beggars Night, Just being myself

There are days when I feel like a complete witch. There are moments when my four little ones seem like 40 little ones. Some days there is not enough wine to combat the evil that is trying to get four kids to bed at a reasonable hour. There are times when I am the Cruella De Vil of parents.

Tonight was one of those nights.
Tonight it was all for show at Beggars night. How can you not smile when these darling dalmatians parade through the neighborhood. After trick-o-treating for an hour these animals were wasted tired. They had a total blast going from house to house collecting sugary snacks and chocolate.


These 4 dalmatians wagged their tails, said thank you, and were my cutest furry friends.

One neighbor asked me, "Where are the other 97 Dalmatians?" I said, "Trust me dahling, with these four, it feels like there are 101 of them!" He laughed and I almost cried, the truth speaks volumes.

The Cruella De Vil costume, wig and attitude were a hit. Acting like a raging lunatic comes naturally to me, so the character just worked. My favorite line in the movie 101 Dalmatians goes like this: "You beasts! But I'm not beaten yet. You've won the battle, but I'm about to win the wardrobe!" How true. True indeed.

Happy Halloween to you, here's hoping you get more treats than tricks.

3 comments:

Aaryn said...

Just so you know: those red gloves were my contribution to the Cruela De Vil costume :)

Michele S said...

Hysterical! I love it!

Sabrina said...

I love it!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter