Monday, October 18, 2010

The end of the Toddler Tunnel

I am not sure how much longer the fine weather is going to be here. I am not anxious for the cold and grey to make an appearance- don't misunderstand me. I am worried that the kids are getting used to being able to play outdoors without any thought of coats, gloves, boots and umbrellas.

Now that they can actually play outside without my constant referee tactics and micromanaging, going places and doing things is fun for all of us. Especially when the sun is shining, the leaves are turning, and the wind is just crisp enough for long sleeves but not so chilly that you have to wear a jacket.

Since I am maximizing the chance to be in the great outdoors, I loaded up the tricycles and hit the trail with the four peddlers. They rode and rode for hours.



These kids need to be outside and they need to burn off energy. Riding through Lambton Park is the answer to the never ending question of, "What are we going to do now?"

I can trust these kids just enough to sit on a bench while they throw rocks into the pond. They have the slightest bit of common sense these days, enough to know not to fall into the pond, or to push and shove each other fighting over the stones along the edge.


Being able to just view their antics is much more glorious than having to stand there just waiting for trouble.

Let this post be a shout out to all parents of multiples. There is a bright light at the end of the toddler tunnel. Once the kids turn four, you can go to a park, take photos, and sit back, relax and enjoy watching them entertain themselves. It takes about four long, tiring, sleepless years to arrive at this stage, but you can do it.

I have the proof right here on my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice idea! fresh air = happy kids

HEATHER said...

Wow, I love reading your blogs... but, this one gave me hope! A light at the end of my toddler tunnel seems impossible... but, I trust you!
Heather

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter