Friday, October 29, 2010

Don't Stop Believing

I saw this great video clip from the World Series this week. As much as I adore the game of baseball, and as much as I love to listen to Steve Perry and Journey, this moment was so unbelievably cool.

Imagine sitting in the stands as your team plays in the World Series. Picture yourself in this crowd of fans, loving every minute of the game. How cool is the Journey song, Don't Stop Believing? You sing along, you are pumped and stoked about your boys of Summer,



when suddenly you spy Steve Perry jamming along with the other 43,000 folks. How amazing is it to be a part of the moment when you realize Steve Perry is singing along with you to his own song?

I love this kind of cheesy, sentimental crap. And, yeah, I have had a crush on Steve Perry since 8th grade. The smell of wine and cheap perfume do it to me every single time. I have never, ever stopped believing.

5 comments:

ree said...

That is priceless!

I share your crush on Steve Perry. Oh baby!

Wendy said...

Where are you? I'm missing all your funny stories. Please come back.

Dawn said...

I agree with Wendy!! I hope everything is okay..........

Rachel said...

I am thinking the same thing.... are you okay?? I'm missing reading your funny posts...

Anonymous said...

Helene, Your fans miss your posts! I hope you're not stuck somewhere on a cruise ship without internet access.
-Chrissy

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter