Gluten free baking usually takes some improvising and tweeking. This recipe uses the Trader Joe'sPeanut Flour instead of all purpose white flour. These cookies are the sweet, chewy, rolled in sugar, with a cracked shell like outer layer variety.
I dare you to make a batch and not eat more than a single serving. I doubled the recipe and after packing lunches, and filling our cookie jar, there were not many left for sampling.
2 sticks butter at room temp.
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups Peanut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix butter, sugar and peanut butter together on low speeduntil creamy and smooth. Add eggs, then the flour, baking soda and vanilla extract.
When dough is formed,
roll into 1" balls, then roll in granulated sugar to coat, the place them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.Bake at 350°F for about 11 minutes or until the tops are cracked with deep grooves. Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Then figure out where to hide them from the husband and kids. Good luck with that.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)