Friday, September 10, 2010

Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Facial

When it comes to doctors and medical practices, I only select ones that are top notch. I have a policy of being loyal to my medical professionals and likewise, when I have a need, they are willing to go above and beyond to treat me and my family. I would not have it any other way.

This is a post dedicated to the pediatric practice of my kids, and to my dermatology friends at Central Ohio Skin and Cancer. Today, I sing their praises after three co-pays, 15 kindergarten shots divided by three kids, and following my microdermabrasion facial. It was a busy day of docs.

While Charlotte was at preschool, the triplets and I went doc hopping. Our first stop was Pediatric and Adolescent practitioners. My kids adore their pediatrician Dr. Kathleen Costlow and her staff is truly great with children. It was time for our annual well visit which included getting current on vaccines.

I am please to report that CJ and Natalie are just ounces apart in weight. This is an amazing tribute to CJ's health and well being, as the gap between the peanut and his sibling is almost closed. Nothing pleases me more to see him really thriving and catching up.

The nurses teamed together and organized our injections so that all three kids would get their shots simultaneously.



Each nurse gave their assigned child the five shots within a matter of a minute. This made it go quickly and when they were done sticking needles they were truly all done. There were tears and ouchies as expected but I did not lie to the triplets, I told them it was going to hurt, and it would be quick. I gave them all hugs and told them they were brave and I kept my promise that it would be over quickly.

Within a moment, it was as if nothing had happened. As we left CJ said, "Goodbye my friends!" to the nurses, there were stickers and prizes and we were on to Mommie's appointment in Westerville. The fancy band aids in all kinds of characters and prints healed all wounds in a instant. Mommie does not ever offer these deluxe bandages so it was like the shiny new band aids were a treat. I am not kidding.

I have blogged before about how much I like my dermatology team at COSC. I also appreciate the aesthetic division where Erica provides the best facials in town. Her magical touch and the microdermabrasion machine can work wonders with no down time. Aside from the results, the best part is that the child care is provided free of charge in the lobby of the building. While I am being spoiled and pampered, the kids are busy having the time of their lives downstairs. Ordinarily I would have to spend a small fortune on a babysitter so I could go to a doctor appointment by myself. Thanks to the center in the Ohio Health building,



I can bring the youngins and get a moment of peace to myself.

Note to Columbus Moms of Multiples: Schedule an appointment with Erica at Central Ohio Skin and Cancer- she is worth it, 614-818-7546 and tell her you need to look younger- she is able to help you out. Make sure you tell her I sent you, so she will understand the power of the blog. And, while you are getting beautified, the ladies downstairs will exhaust and educate your children. You will go home looking perkier and the kids will be ready for a nap or bed, Win-Win!

As we left, my kids were asking when we can go back to the play center at Mommie's doctor's office. I swear it was like Disneyland to them. For me, it was like Hollywood studios with the added perk of having someone else take the kids to Disney.

Now can you see why I love my doctors?

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter