When I fly the not so friendly skies, I am always amazed at the variances in rules as interpreted by TSA. Things change by location, screener, and day. Things are less than clear cut in the carry on do's and don'ts.
There seems to be a lack of common sense, a vengence against normal and an exception for the extreme.
How is it possible that Lady Gaga can parade through the security checkpoint at LAX wearing this get up,but I have to remove my cardigan sweater?
When did hand cuffs become less of a danger than my 2.2 ounce moisturizer? Given a bit of common sense, it would seem obvious that hand cuffs are more of a threat to the security at 35,000 feet than my blunt end tweezers and beauty treatments.
I will never forget when my sleeping infant triplets had to be roused from their car seat stroller and have their soft soled Robeez shoes removed. I was forced to walk through the screening machine holding all three 8 month olds at once since I was alone. Finally, after seeing me struggle the TSA supervisor made an exception and allowed me to walk them through one by one, placing them back in their stroller on the other side of the check point. It was the most ridiculous scene ever. So you can understand that seeing Lady Gaga prance through security like this,makes my blood boil.
Here is a list of items that have been taken from me, thrown away right in front of my eyes, or needed to be checked in my luggage:
2.2 ounce Obagi SPF sunfader creme
Tweezerman Blunt End Tweezers
Purell foam hand sanitizer (was 2.10 ounces)
C.O.Bigelow lip balms (I had three)
Aqua Di Parma cologne (forgot it was in my bag)
Propel fitness water
Brown Cow Yogurt (when taking the infant triplets to Tucson)
The absurdity of the whole thing makes me crazy. I would have totally gone ape shit, over the top insane if I had been in line with Lady Gaga and my Obagi moisturizer was confiscated while she brought hand cuffs aboard.
Did the folks at LAX have the Lady Gaga remove those less than travel sensible Alexander McQueen platform bootie heels? Where is the photo of her getting wanded and having her accessories in the plastic coin bins? My tennis bracelet is a no no but the bra, panties and solid gold dancer style jacket are okie dokie?
My rant is done. I feel better now.
Stay tuned for an update when I go through TSA in a week or so for my anniversary. Who dares me to throw a pair of hand cuffs in my Bottega Veneta bag? What about a humongous battery operated "novelty" toy? Ooopsie, I forgot those were in there. Any bets as to my confiscations of the cuffs and vibrating battery operated boyfriend?
No worries though, I put my Retin A in the my checked luggage.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)