I lost my favorite kitchen appliance earlier in the summer, when Mitchell accidentally dropped the ceramic insert for my beloved crock pot. I make a ton of slow cooker recipes all year long, and I never realized how much I adore cooking in that contraption until it was gone.
This month is my 8th wedding anniversary and on my wish list, among other more glamorous things, was a new and improved crock pot. I am living large over here. You know you are a suburban housewife when you longingly desire a small electric appliance as a gift. Fast forward to last week when Jeff gave the go ahead to order any crock pot I deemed necessary. I got the crock pot green light. Woooo, flippin, who!
I did my due diligence and discovered two things. First, crock pots and slow cookers are boring, and second, the selection on sizes is pretty limited. Aside from the commercial grade unit I found for cool thousand dollars, I found most of the inserts to be maxed out at 5.5 or 6 quarts which is what I had before and I always longed for a bigger crock. (no jokes please)
I started googling slow cooker _______ quart, 6,7,8, and 9 and learned that an eight and a half quart crock pot is the largest one currently available. I discovered that ELITE makes a stainless steel,enormous 8.5 quart unit and that the price is all over the place. Once I narrowed down the make and model, it was a matter of who had the best price. Believe it or not, Walgreen's.com was the winner at $29.99 with free shipping.
My new kitchen BFF arrived on Friday. Here is my Maxi-Matic MST-800V Elite Gourmet Large 8-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker.Ain't she purdy? This Elite Slow Cooker is amazing. It is large enough for just about anything I would want to shove in there, and with our ginormous brood, 8.5 quarts of soup or chili is about right for a meal with some leftovers for freezing.
I think I hit the crock pot jackpot with this one. Happy Anniversary to me. So far in the last three days I have made Moroccan beef brisket, corn chowder, red wine applesauce chutney and spaghetti sauce. I am in love.
Don't hate me because my crock pot is better than yours, okay?
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)