I would normally post photos that demonstrate the directions with the recipe but I was so jazzed to make this brisket that I totally forgot the photos. Next time I prepare this Moroccan Beef Brisket in the crock pot, I will take the pics and upload them to this post.
For now, here is the recipe. It is so super easy you really won't need any visuals. It is a set it and forget it recipe that cooks all day, cools, slices and reheats the next day for the meal. If you plan to use this for a dinner make it a day ahead, and reheat it in the sauce before serving.
1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
2 parsnips, chopped
4 pound boneless beef brisket flat end cut
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
1 cup whole dried apricots
1 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup broth
2 tablespoons honey
Arrange onion wedges and parsnips in bottom of slow cooker. Season beef all over with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder, and nutmeg. Rub spice mixture all over beef. Arrange beef over onions and parsnips in slow cooker. Arrange apricots around beef.
In a small bowl, whisk together wine, broth and honey. Pour mixture over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. The longer you cook it on low the better.
Then, let the meat cool completely, slice it and take a stick blender to the left over juices and veggies. When the liquid and veggies are blended into a thick sauce, slice brisket and put it back into the crock pot. Reheat on low for an hour or so before serving over noodles, rice or quinoa.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)