I have no intentions of downplaying the whole Sukkah envy epidemic, but now, I am sporting a full on sinus infection. Hello, Karma, Is that you?
What began as seasonal allergies has morphed into a raging sinus infection complete with all the trimmings. Lovely.
Thankfully, the kids are in school during the first part of the week. Of course, with all the Jewish celebrations in Fall, they are out of school on Thursday and Friday with early dismissal on Wednesday. Have I mentioned that we have not had a full week of classes yet? Do you think the Catholic schools get this much time off? Doubtful. Is it too late to switch? Same guilt, different food?
While the kids are at school I am at home nursing this godforsaken sinus infection. I have a tub of Vicks Vap-o-rub and while slathering myself head to toe, I am under the covers with a box of Puffs with lotion at my bed table. I am drinking copious amounts of hot water with lemon during the day, taking antibiotics, mucinex, cough drops, zinc lozenges and spoonfuls of honey. It is working- I am borderline functional. Borderline is a step above death warmed over on my scale.
I would use one of those nasal rinse thingamajigs but they make me throw up. My gag reflex is so strong that the netti pots and sinus rinse bottles make me literally barf. Otherwise, I would be all for adding this to the list of homeopathic must do's. Clearer sinuses good, hurling mucous and chunks is bad, very bad.
I have developed a new evening elixir to ease the discomfort associated with battling a heavy duty sinus infection. My bootleg cure is much like one Granny concoctedon the Beverly Hillbillies. If memory serves, Granny made her potions in a still and they cured just about any problem.
Allow me to share my recipe for Sinus Infection pain. My medicine is easy to make, tastes great, smells divine (just ask Argenida who thought I was baking) and works like a charm. Simply steep two bags of Sweet Dreams Night Time chamomile tea in a large mug. When the tea is brewed, remove the bags and add as much HOT DAMN cinnamon schnapps as you can stand.Sip the tea until you fall asleep. Repeat as necessary until you must function as a responsible adult.
I am onto something here. Seriously, the combination of pharma, alcohol, herbals and rest are working.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)