As I mentioned yesterday, we ended up at Big Lots in order to remedy the furniture fiasco. I often luck out when it comes to gluten free food at Big Lots. This trip was stellar.
Just take a looky see for yourself.These items are the real gluten free deal. These are practical products that natural and specialty grocers charge a premium for, especially the certified organic cereals.
YES, I stocked up a few weeks ago, but discovered that CJ absolutely LOVES the Maple Sunrise cereal. It tastes delicious and seems to stay crunchy for at least the 15 minutes it takes for him to eat breakfast. The nut free,gluten free cereals are like grape nuts only safe for Celiacs. These cereals were either $2 or $2.50 a box, so I felt compelled to get us ramped up for winter.
It is not easy to find wrapped candies that are gluten and dye free. I scored with these all natural fruit chews that are the dye free version of starbursts.The other hard candies are excellent to keep in the van for when I need a bribe to keep kids on track with behavior. These were a really awesome score.
Since I am packing snacks and lunches for school, I am on the hunt for easy to transport gluten free items. These all natural, gluten free,kosher popped corn cakes make an awesome sandwich when I shmear cream cheese on them. If I dare to pack this sandwich for CJ and a conventional bread sandwich for Eli and Natalie, I hear about it. The popcorn cake sandwich rocks the Kindergarten lunch over ordinary bread. The caramel flavor is all natural and needs no additional jam for the Peanut Butter version.
Once again, Big Lots did it justice. For my gluten free readers, I urge you to take a peek- you may end up with a big lot of gluten free bargains.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)