They are here! Argenida's parents have arrived from Panama. They are visiting us all month and we are showing them our town. The kids are like bi-lingual tour guides and it is fun to watch.
We had to take the Cedenos to Lynd's Fruit Farm. Argenida's mom did not believe the apples were real. She has never seen an apple tree because they simply do not grow in Panama. Her mom and dad were snacking on the apples right from the tree
and were thrilled to see something new and different.
Since Charlotte is the most affluent in Spanish she has been helping translate for Argenida's mom. When the cartoon show The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Suess came on television, Charlotte pointed to the screen and said, "Look Abuelita, El Gato en Sombrero." OMG, we all just marveled at her ability to see it in English and say it in Spanish.
This week is Sukkot, the Jewish harvest time festival. The kids are out of school three of the five days this week, so needless to say, I am scrambling to keep everyone busy. The four little tour guides will have a chance to spend even more time with their Spanish speaking friends.
How do you say, I need more hours in the day en Espanol?
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our New Addition
- Student(s) of the Week
- Hot Damn, I found a cure!
- Sukkah Envy
- The New Albany Classic 2010
- Lunching with my Fake Friend
- Drama Destination: Las Vegas
- Mums the WORD
- My Daydreams
- The Pre-Date Questionaire
- Abuelita and Abuela en la casa
- Entertaining the Kids for Hours
- My Anniversary Antics
- Premier Automotive Detail is the Best of the Best
- I LOVE Canvas on Demand and now you can too if you...
- Who's the Boss and Join the Club- the latest topic...
- The TSA Checkpoint Rant, Thank you to Lady Gaga fo...
- The World's Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies...
- Our High Holiday Story, This Year
- The Park Hopping High
- Eat, Pray, Love, Doze Off, then Go for Sushi
- Three Co-pays, 15 shots and a Microdermabrasion Fa...
- Slutsky is Google Blacklisted
- Moroccan Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
- My Newest Love
- $2 Entertainment
- Preschool at the Palace
- Big Lots of Gluten Free Foods
- We have become the PEOPLE of WALMART
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)