Remember how Natalie wants to be a chef? This girl is about dining out, she loves anything and everything restaurant related. My parents took her to BICE in Orlando back in May, and she is still talking about it.
Natalie's creative play is always centered around cooking, menus, waitressing and serving the meals. Of course she claims the boys are her sous chefs, and they assist her in the kitchen. I asked Natalie some interview questions under the guise that she was getting ready for kindergarten.
I played Barbara Walters and Natalie was my star guest.
and yes, that is Mitchell in the background telling Natalie to be a drug dealer when she grows up. Nice brotherly influence,eh? For a jackass who does not want to be on my blog, he always finds a way to make himself noticed.
After we finished recording this little video, Natalie insisted that we play restaurant. I needed some time at the computer, so I gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to make a menu. I told her I would order when I got done on the computer. Natalie handed me this,and said, "This is what we have!"
In 4 year old speak, WOT, is what, as in the title of what is available. The rest of the items include applesauce and something from McDonald's. I was impressed. I could save these gems but as the mom of four kids, I prefer to take a digital photo, post it to my blog, and not hoard thousands of shreds of paper mementos.
I ordered the applesauce, and a very cold, very dirty, Vodka martini with three green olives. It was not on the menu, but Chef Natalie had her sous chefs bring it to me anyway. It was just "WOT" I needed.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Honking Penguins
- Direct T.V. Values New Customers MORE than Existin...
- Crafting with the Columbus Kollel
- The First Friday Night Lights of the Season
- Apples, Salsa and Abe Lincoln
- Office Depot really is Taking Care Of Business
- Re-Thinking it all
- Kindergarten and the Kissing Hand
- 'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten, Welcome to th...
- Survival Mode
- 40 hours of Parenting Blindfolded
- Coupons and Rebates, I am just Cashing In!
- Z Pizza is OUR Pizza
- Speaking of the Hoo Hah
- Back to School Excitement
- Baby Fever!
- The Power of the Blog for Sullivan's Steak House i...
- Buying in Bulk
- The Follow Up: Office Depot and Y and R still on m...
- Office Depot is on my Shit List
- My Husband, the Volunteer Shake Weight
- Thirteen Days
- The Taste of New Albany
- Part One, a Potty Break, and Part Two
- Lattes, Libraries and Lamborghinis
- The Sample Menu
- Ahhhhhh, shopping carts!
- Yarmulkes R Us
- Gluten Free Almond Cookies- three ingredients, eas...
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)