It has been a while since I posted a gluten free recipe, and after the verdict on the gluten free almond cookies tonight, I am compelled to post this one, pronto!
This is a thinner, more cookie like version of a macaroon. These scrumptious cookies are chewy, and crispy with an amazing flavor. You will never know they are gluten free- especially if you drizzle them with dark chocolate after they cool.
These are sticky so be sure to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then spray the paper with Pam.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4 large egg whites lightly blended
2 tubes almond paste, grated
2 cups sugar plus extra for dusting
Put almond paste and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until combined.
Very slowly add the egg whites in a small stream, stopping (approximately) after each egg white. Scrape the bowl and continue to add whites until the batter is smoothand the consistency of toothpaste.
Put batter into a pastry bag, or ziploc
and pipe onto the parchment papered cookie sheet. These cookies spread so be sure to make the cookies a fraction of the size you need, and leave plenty of space in between.
Sprinkle sugar on the tops before baking.
Bake at 375 for 7 minutes,
then check to see if the edges are beginning to get brown. Watch closely for the very faint Browning to the tops, as over baking makes these cookies too crunchy. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes beforetransferring to a wire rack.
Good luck having any leftover after the kids and husband get a sample.
Next time I will have to triple the recipe so we can have some cookies in the cookie jar.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Honking Penguins
- Direct T.V. Values New Customers MORE than Existin...
- Crafting with the Columbus Kollel
- The First Friday Night Lights of the Season
- Apples, Salsa and Abe Lincoln
- Office Depot really is Taking Care Of Business
- Re-Thinking it all
- Kindergarten and the Kissing Hand
- 'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten, Welcome to th...
- Survival Mode
- 40 hours of Parenting Blindfolded
- Coupons and Rebates, I am just Cashing In!
- Z Pizza is OUR Pizza
- Speaking of the Hoo Hah
- Back to School Excitement
- Baby Fever!
- The Power of the Blog for Sullivan's Steak House i...
- Buying in Bulk
- The Follow Up: Office Depot and Y and R still on m...
- Office Depot is on my Shit List
- My Husband, the Volunteer Shake Weight
- Thirteen Days
- The Taste of New Albany
- Part One, a Potty Break, and Part Two
- Lattes, Libraries and Lamborghinis
- The Sample Menu
- Ahhhhhh, shopping carts!
- Yarmulkes R Us
- Gluten Free Almond Cookies- three ingredients, eas...
- ▼ August (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)