We are expecting our friend and Summer Helper, Netanya. In preparation for her arrival, the kids have been helping me get her room ready. We have been cleaning various rooms so that it will look "nice" for her. I taught them to whistle while you work and gave them cleaning supplies.
This kept them busy for about 12 seconds and made more of a mess than anything else, but practice makes perfect under my direct supervision. They must learn somehow.
The kids have been counting down the days. Every morning they proudly announce that there are only "X" many days left. When you have as much going on as we do, having an extra pair of helping hands is a bonus. Training a mother's helper is the best way to groom a future nanny or babysitter, and with Netanya here I will be able to actually get some stuff done.
Maybe, just maybe, if all goes well, I will be the one singing whistle while you work!
- ► 2011 (275)
- Kiddie Conversations
- Very Vajazzling Vaginas
- The Mothering Dilemma- So, tell me, what would you...
- Mutual Benefits-- I am a Slutsky
- Are you HIGH?
- A Whole Foods Love Affair
- Ding Dong Daddy
- Mall Rats
- Catching Up
- Stop the Insanity an open letter to our Kindergart...
- I have lost my mind
- Gone With The Wind
- Pulling out all the Free Stops
- Free To Be You and Me, The Slutsky Edition
- Ahhhhhhh, Summer!
- Just a Rant and a Vent, or two, or three?
- Technicolor Vomit
- Way Better than Cable
- My Savages in the Savage Garden
- The Slutsky Super Eight Motel: No Vacancy
- Whistle While You Work
- The Perks of Private School
- The Abbie Dorn Story
- Natalie's NICU Dress, where fashion began
- Danger on the Bookshelves
- What is up, Chuck?
- Happy Fourth Times Six
- Cousins, Chrysalis, Cactus, Chihuly and the Conser...
- Orange you glad I am an attention whore?
- My Free Aveda Resurfacing Facial
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)