Friday, July 2, 2010

Orange you glad I am an attention whore?

Taking six kids to the zoo is a bold move. I like to shake things up, so I made sure all of them were dressed in prison issued orange clothes. Since I am a mom of multiples I am an attention whore.

I made sure we got plenty of candid photos of Nana and Papa's six under five:










As you can imagine, we were quite the spectacle with six orange clad children. I ran into another triplet plus one mom and her posse because I can't go to the Columbus zoo without seeing some of my multiple momma friendsJen dressed her four in color coded garb too, only she chose a simple white outfit because she has all girls. I have a thing or two to teach her about becoming a more effective attention whore. C'mon Jen, really? Just simple white outfits? To command maximum visual appeal you must select a color scheme that is day-glow or obvious.

Additionally, you must line the kids up for photo opps and take 84 pictures to get one decent image. When I snap photos of the whole bunch and post them on my facebook, I get comments about my excellent photography skills. I am a fair photographer at best, I just shoot so many images that I am bound to get a few goodies. It is a law of averages and I play the high stakes. Everyone knows that IVF moms are gamblers. Duh!

I do believe that color coding the kids in large crowds or public places is a safety benefit. Being able to keep track of the children is paramount to my sanity. This is like multiple momma 101. The added bonus is the drama and attention you can cause. I am a thrill seeker.

Orange you glad I dressed them alike and schleppped them to the zoo?I would have just blended in with the other mommies and I would have missed seeing my friend Jen and her beauties. Add networking to the list of reasons I match my kids, and call me an attention whore. When the shoe fits, I buy it in every color- even in orange.

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I Love the "orange you glad" joke.... hahaha.

What cutie pie little kiddos. :) It's great to match them- I mean, you've got um' might as well flaunt um'. :)

(I found your blog via the CMOTC blog :D)

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter