Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just a Rant and a Vent, or two, or three?

I use this little blog of mine to rant and rave on occasion. There have been so many media frenzies this week and none of them are at all important. There are millions of gallons of oil spilled into the Gulf, and all the talk is about Mel Gibson, Lindsey Lohan, Bristol Palin/Levi Johnston and Lebron James. FEH.

I understand that scandal and controversy sells. The magazines, television news, and Internet sites are in teh business of making money by selling advertisements and getting viewers. I know that most Americans would rather hear Mel Gibson's (alleged) secretly recorded phone calls, than know about how BP is ruining the environment. To me that is so sad.

Do people really have sympathy for that drug addicted, alcoholic, fire crotch, party going Lindsey Lohan? What has she done lately, other than cause herself and others harm? She has abused the legal system to no end. If the shit she has pulled was done by some other no name, chick from LA, she would be serving time. Her so called celeb status has given her the benefit of the doubt until now. Gimme a break.

I have mixed feelings about the whole Mel Gibson fiasco. I believe he is an anti-Semitic, racist, hypocritical asshole, that uses his financial wealth to get away with what most folks would never be able to do. He is an actor that dug himself into a serious hole. Do I hope that people boycott his films? Not really. Do I hope he is legally obligated to get counseling and help for his problems, yes, I do. Am I sick of hearing about his anger issues, yes, yes, yes indeed I am. I feel sorry for his children. How awful to have a father like him.

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston have announced their engagement. WOW. I am stunned. After all the drama they caused their families they have decided that they love each other. Cry me a river. They are both pathetic. I hope they prove me wrong and become incredible role models for their son, Tripp. I hope that Sarah Palin comes to grips with the fact that her son in law posed for Playgirl, knocked up her daughter, quit school and has not had a job. I am sure this is a mother in law's dream come true- NOT. I can't wait to see how Sarah Palin and media exploit this new announcement. How much longer before these two young parents have a reality show?

Meanwhile, Lebron James has left the Cleveland Cavaliers for Miami. I know that NBA fans everywhere were pissed off. He screwed the town that loved him and ditched them to pursue a better shot at a championship team. He is a selfish athlete with too much money and a big ego. BIG DEAL. He is now hated by millions of fans who sign his paycheck via endorsements, tickets, and merchandise sales. If only Americans would boycott BP with the same vigor they have for LeBron.

Okay, I feel better now. I am sure I have left out a few morons- like Tiger Woods, and Kate Gosselin, but with the trouble in the Gulf I find it shameful that these folks get any media coverage at all.

It is being reported that the cap placed on the gusher is working. I really hope that this disaster is on the mend. I hope that BP fixes the mistakes faster than Lindsey Lohan can get clean in rehab, before Mel Gibson gets a custody and divorce agreement in place, and certainly, before LeBron James can win a national championship.

Anyone want to make some bets that Bristol and Levi register at Pottery Barn? Anyone have odds on how long it will take before the Gulf shores are safe and the wildlife returns to normal? Am I the only one who thinks BP has a shot at beating all of these other losers to the punch?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won't boycott BP because it punishes the individuals who own the gas stations. They are not at fault for the corporations mistakes - they are just trying to make a living.

As for Mel, Lindsey, Bristol, Levi and LeBron I can go the rest of my life and never hear about them again.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter