It is not officially summer without watermelon. When I was pregnant with Charlotte, I craved huge hunks of almost frozen watermelon. Now, all of my kids absolutely love watermelon too, and pound per pound it is one of the least expensive fresh fruits.
I bought and carved up a huge seedless watermelon. It was ice cold and cut into chunks.
I stripped the kids down and let them enjoy each juicy wedge. Their chins and chests were sticky and disgusting but that is what eating watermelon is supposed to be when you are a kid. See guys, I did let you eat messy foods, I really did. Of course, you had to eat them in the driveway while practically naked, but still.
****There are not any photos of Natalie or Charlotte obviously shirtless at my discretion. Don't fret, they were not left out of all the fun, they just aren't shown here for pervs and freaks to see.
The summer fun continued with a run through the hose.
You did not think I was going to let those juice stained kids in my house did you? I made them run around, go under the bridge and get sprayed with plenty of hose water before they could come inside to get their pajamas. A spritz of the hose is almost as good as a shower in the summer, in my humble opinion.
Happy summer everyone. Enjoy the sun, the watermelon and the smiles.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Kiddie Conversations
- Very Vajazzling Vaginas
- The Mothering Dilemma- So, tell me, what would you...
- Mutual Benefits-- I am a Slutsky
- Are you HIGH?
- A Whole Foods Love Affair
- Ding Dong Daddy
- Mall Rats
- Catching Up
- Stop the Insanity an open letter to our Kindergart...
- I have lost my mind
- Gone With The Wind
- Pulling out all the Free Stops
- Free To Be You and Me, The Slutsky Edition
- Ahhhhhhh, Summer!
- Just a Rant and a Vent, or two, or three?
- Technicolor Vomit
- Way Better than Cable
- My Savages in the Savage Garden
- The Slutsky Super Eight Motel: No Vacancy
- Whistle While You Work
- The Perks of Private School
- The Abbie Dorn Story
- Natalie's NICU Dress, where fashion began
- Danger on the Bookshelves
- What is up, Chuck?
- Happy Fourth Times Six
- Cousins, Chrysalis, Cactus, Chihuly and the Conser...
- Orange you glad I am an attention whore?
- My Free Aveda Resurfacing Facial
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)