Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday of Exhaustion

If you have read this blog for more than 5 minutes, you already know that my daily goal is: to exhaust my children. I plan enough activity and stimulation to get us from breakfast to bedtime without any boredom. It is not always easy to do, but for the most part, I give it my best shot.

On Sundays I encourage (beg, plead and nag) Jeff into joining in my hair brained schemes. Sunday is traditionally a family day and I try to make plans that include both Mommie and Daddy. You will see in the photos that by bribing Jeff with mass quantities of Diet Coke, I can get him have a good time too.

These are the photos of the new game I created. I call it fun and learning with french fries. Our stop at FIVE GUYS was educational. My children were simply joining us in a lesson about letters. I have geniuses I tell you. Geniuses!


My kids spell using french fries. And some folks spend money on My Baby Can Read and Hooked on Phonics. Get Real.

Today was the Easton Art Fair. This is a favorite one of my FREE field trips. There is always a great kiddie art center set up near the fountains. If I had really given this some thought I would have dressed the kids with their bathing suits under their clothes, but see, I am not perfect. I totally spaced it off. I schlepped them to the Easton Art Fair in the wrong clothes- Oy Vay!

Color Your World had a nice booth where the kids could paint a ceramic tile. They all created a tile


and managed to keep their outfits clean. I was not sure of the stain level in ceramic glaze, so I micromanaged the damage. I can't wait to pick up the fired tiles in a few weeks. These will make great trivets and hot pads in the kitchen.

Everyone created a kite from recycled materials. These are crafted from recycled plastic bags, venetian blind string, street sweeper bristles and bamboo. Each child colored to customize their kite with markers.

Again, we came out unscathed and the level II clothing stayed relatively clean and dry. I am medicated enough to allow my children to use regular markers while fully clothed. I did not even look to see if they were washable markers, I just rolled with it. Can you imagine?

All four of my kite launchers enjoyed the breezy day on the square in front of Brio. Flying their kites was a blast.



It was ideal for exhausting them too. It does not get any better than saying, run, run run! Run faster, fly that kite higher into the wind.

After we did two crafts I got a wild idea to let the kids run through the fountains while fully dressed. Why not? They were overheated from all the action and this was the perfect way to cool them off and continue on my path to burn off any remaining energy they had left.



So they were soaked to the bone- Big Whoop. Allowing them to get completely drenched while in clothes shows that I am not completely anal about their outfits, right?

We stopped for a mango, chocolate chip Yagoot.



Please note the large size divided by four, plus Mommie and Daddy helped too. The kids used this opportunity to re-fuel for the trip inside the lego store.

Jeff and I both were in awe of the lego store. We watched as the customers lined up to buy the big boxes and kits.



When a cup of legos is fifteen bucks, and the limited edition and fancy sets cost at least $50-$75 a pop, we decided we were the only ones there who weren't plunking down a hundred beans. What recession? Ackkkkk.

I succeeded. This was a fun day. It was my Sunday of exhaustion.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter