Monday, June 21, 2010

It is a Guy Thing- Pussy, Moking and Drinking Beards

I have laughed at some of things the kids have said lately. Mostly it is CJ--- because the kid has a really great sense of humor, and he has the most speech issues of the four, so sometimes he does not mean to be funny, but is downright hilarious.

On Sunday evening the kids were happily watching the 56" plasma screen babysitter as I was making sure the kitchen was spic and span for Nana and Papa's arrival. As I motored through the junk pile on the counter, I could hear the conversation in the other room. CJ was saying, "I just love Pussy!" "You know, Pussy is my favorite!" and it went on and on, " I sure do Looooove Pussy!" OMG, I was like hold on just a minute, what the hell?

As I walked into the family room, I plainly asked CJ to repeat what he was saying. Sure enough he said, "Mommie, I love Pussy!" WHAT???? You love what? With my curious look and outrageous expression CJ pointed to the television, and said, "I love Pussy!" He pointed to Thomas the Train, and his train pal, PERCY. CJ loves PERCY. Ahhhhh, all is well. Percy is his favorite. Got it. No big deal.

Nana and Papa went with us to Pei Wei for dinner tonight. As we were leaving, the girls went to the hotel to spend the night, and they got to ride in Papa's car. The boys were going to go home with Daddy in the van. Since I took Jeff's car to run errands it meant that the boys were going to have special time with Daddy- just guys.

As I was saying good bye to the girls and helping Nana buckle them, Jeff loaded the boys into the van. Jeff jokingly told the boys, they could go home, watch television in their underwear, scratch themselves, drink beer, smoke cigars and have fun because it was a guy thing.

After kissing the girls good night and sending them off with Nana and Papa, I went to the van to kiss the boys and tell them to have fun with Daddy. CJ said, "Oh Mommie, we will have sooo sooo sooo much fun with Daddy while you are running Aaryns (errands) because we are gonna sit in our underwear and scratch ourselves, drink beards, moke, and be guys, except I am going to drink Chocolate Milk because I do not like beards!"

I was a bit confused so I asked Jeff for clarification. He pretty much confirmed that he told the boys the plans and CJ just repeated it back to me in his own version. I was mildly amused. Thankfully Jeff came to his senses and they just went to the car wash, vacuumed the van and put the trash barrels out at the curb. It was a guy thing minus the cigars and beer. YES, they did sit and watch Wow Wow Wubzzy in their boxers. I did not need the details about the scratching.

So my sweet CJ is all guy. The boy loves Percy the Train, Drinking Chocolate Milk and Car Washes. Whew, for minute or two I was really disturbed by the warped humor and words that got lost in translation. Fortunately, it ended up being just a guy thing.

1 comment:

The Wright Trips said...

My kids call Percy that, too! And my father in law does the deal where he says his name is "Puddintain" and my kids say, "I'm Puntang", "I love Puntang."

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter