Once a week the kids request (more like demand) that I make Nachos for dinner. Well, actually I prep all the ingredients and set up the buffet and they decorate their own nachos.
I will often ask for dinner suggestions while we are having breakfast. Eli almost always asks for tilapia, Charlotte loves shrimp, and the others agree with them or hint at a nacho bar. I laugh every single time they say, "Nachos Mama." I always reply with, "Hey I am Nacho Mama, and they hoot, and holler at how utterly hilarious I am. Not your mama, as if.
The nacho bar is a regular rotating meal in our house.
I just set up the toppings and let the kids create.Tonight we had choices of: bean dip, Spanish rice, fresh guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream, olives and black beans all piled onto tortilla corn chips. I can crank out this spread in about 20 minutes and it is a great way to use up other leftovers like grilled chicken or steamed rice.
My little gringos LOVE nachos!
I keep reminding the kids that I am Nacho Mama. I said it again before bedtime and Charlotte, said, "Mommie, quit sayin that, you are our Mama!"
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our Berry Nice Day
- The In Law Lottery- I WON IT
- The $1000 Jeopardy Question, answered by a 4 year ...
- Sunday of Exhaustion
- My Deer Neighbor in New Albany, Ohio
- Black Raspberry Smiles
- Hemorrhaging Money
- Story Time and Sushi
- The Pizza, Pool and Pinata Party
- It is a Guy Thing- Pussy, Moking and Drinking Bear...
- Father's Day Feast
- A Jam Packed Saturday
- Happy Birthday Charlotte
- Caught Red Handed
- RUN from the Pheasant Run Resort
- Heads we WIN!
- I love my Blog Readers
- My Sour Cherry Jam Recipe
- The Most Expensive Cherry Jam EVER!
- Go South Africa Go
- Cherries Jubilee
- I am Nacho Mama
- No Va and No Van- both mean the kids are not going...
- Summer Contests, Field Trip #425
- My Guinea Pigs
- I love my Dermatologists
- The Peanut Gallery
- Our Summer Reading Program
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)