These kids are really beginning to understand challenges, competition and sportsmanship. The proof came when I was explaining about the World Cup Soccer matches being held in South Africa.
Of course, the triplets remain faithful and true to anything South African after their experience with Yolanda, our very first au pair. Since they love Yo Yo, by association they love and adore anything South African, especially a socoer team. I was pretty proud of them when they started jumping,
yelling, dancing, prancing, cheering, chanting and rooting for South Africa during the match against Mexico.
Argenida's boyfriend is an avid soccer fan, and he is from Mexico originally. The fierce rivalry was evident when my children chose to root for South Africa in direct opposition to the big Mexican guy in the other room. I was cracking up at how they picked a side and stuck with it.
And oh yes, they still miss Yo Yo, soooo much, as Eli says.
When the match ended in a tie I had some explaining to do. The kids and I decided that the final score meant both teams were awesome and neither team really lost. Trust me, it felt like the Buckeyes were playing Michigan, it was that intense.
Yo Yo was the clear winner in our hearts, so Go Yo Yo Go!
- ► 2011 (275)
- Our Berry Nice Day
- The In Law Lottery- I WON IT
- The $1000 Jeopardy Question, answered by a 4 year ...
- Sunday of Exhaustion
- My Deer Neighbor in New Albany, Ohio
- Black Raspberry Smiles
- Hemorrhaging Money
- Story Time and Sushi
- The Pizza, Pool and Pinata Party
- It is a Guy Thing- Pussy, Moking and Drinking Bear...
- Father's Day Feast
- A Jam Packed Saturday
- Happy Birthday Charlotte
- Caught Red Handed
- RUN from the Pheasant Run Resort
- Heads we WIN!
- I love my Blog Readers
- My Sour Cherry Jam Recipe
- The Most Expensive Cherry Jam EVER!
- Go South Africa Go
- Cherries Jubilee
- I am Nacho Mama
- No Va and No Van- both mean the kids are not going...
- Summer Contests, Field Trip #425
- My Guinea Pigs
- I love my Dermatologists
- The Peanut Gallery
- Our Summer Reading Program
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)