Rice is typically a gluten free staple. Some rice mixes offer flavorful side dishes, but they often add MSG and gluten ingredients which is a total deal breaker. I found a great Paella mix that is both Gluten Free, MSG free and delicious. This makes a meal that is beautiful and super fast. You can even freeze the leftovers which is a huge bonus.
Nueva Cocina makes it really easy to whip up a huge pan of Paella. This is a complete meal when prepared my way. It takes less than 20 minutes to prep the skillet and another 10 minutes to finish cooking. I add chicken, sausage and shrimp but you can mix and match the proteins for what you have on hand, or what your family likes best.
2 boxes Nueva Cocina Paella Rice Mix
4 1/2 cups water
3 TBSP Olive Oil
1 pound peeled, deveined, raw shrimp
1-2 pounds chicken
1 pound Sausage
(Amy's GF Spinach Feta is my fave)
Grill sausage and chicken until cooked through. While meat is on the grill add water and oil to a large skillet with a lid. Empty the contents of both rice mixes into the water
and bring to a boil. Let boil on high for one minute, stirring often. Reduce to Medium-Low heat and cover with lid. Cut meatsinto bite size pieces and add to the cooking rice with theraw shrimp. Cover and continue to cook on low until almost all the water is absorbed and the rice is tenderand the shrimp are cooked and are pink.
Serves a crowd of hungry kids. No one will ever think this is not a scratch meal.It's so delicious that I felt a bit guilty that it came from a box. I got over it though- really, I did.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Strawberry Smiles and Gluten Free Blintzes with th...
- Just $4 After 4:00 p.m. at the Pool with the Trend...
- Family Field Trip # 436, IKEA and a Party
- It is Official...the triplets have graduated on to...
- I married the PERFECT man for me
- Growing in the Weeds
- New at our Zoo
- Oh Brother!
- The Newest Multiples Game and Sport: Annoy the Pi...
- The Never Ending Holiday Celebrations-- now includ...
- CONTEST! Guess how much it is gonna cost!
- Drinking Watered Down Scope
- Why Didn't I think of it FIRST?
- Sunday is our Funday- Field Trip #433 Easton Town ...
- The Slutsky Triplets Cirque Du Soleil Troupe
- Gluten Free Paella
- Partying with Jeff Slutsky, Jim Croce and Rodrigo ...
- A glimspe at Heaven
- I have SUCKER written on my forehead
- The Best Mother's Day Gifts
- Sunscreen and Wine, how to survive the Disney Days...
- The Disney Diaries, Part One
- Update from Disney
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)