Obviously, the best gifts on Mother's Day are my children. Duh.
Let's keep it real.
However, after caring for them 24/7/365 at warped speed, in the heat, I was ready for a little break from the duty as their Mother. I convinced (roped) Jeff into driving the kids back from Florida so I could fly home, and wait for them. I love myself for thinking of it, and I love Jeff for agreeing to the whole hair-brained scheme in the first place.
My plan was the ultimate in genius. The flight was 2 hours and 15 minutes of uninterrupted magazine reading. I got so much done at home as the van was being piloted north with Daddy at the wheel. Being gone a week takes it toll and I had some catching up to do.
I was completely SHOCKED (in a really good way) to discover that Jeff cleaned up our Master Bedroom while I was in Florida. He organized clothes, folded towels for the linen rack, and spruced up the joint. That alone rocked my Mother's Day weekend world. For a nice Jewish boy, he ain't bad. I did good.
There was very little, if any, food left in the house. We eat so much fresh food and so little pre=packaged crap that my week long absence meant the cupboards and fridge were bare. I spent my Saturday night going out for dinner with Mitchell and he gave me a very sweet, heartfelt card.
Awwwww, for a 17 year old guy, he knows how to woo me every time. I will re-read this card each time he screws up in the future. I am keeping it handy.
The kids and Jeff made it home safely at around 2:30 in the morning. I let the kids crawl into my bed, fully clothed, and snuggle until daylight. My little gifts were new oven mitts and pads, and a matching table cloth. This Cynthia Rowley print is ideal with all my hot pink kitchen gear.
OMG, HOW I LOVE THESE! And yeah, I did buy them myself, and had Argenida hide them from me until Mother's Day. The kids thought they got them for me, so the real details were just a technicality.
Of course my photos from Adam Queen
are and were the best gift a mom could get. I find myself looking at the images all the time. These are my kids? Wow, we do make them cute, huh? As soon as I get a moment I will change up and revise the blog header to include these latest photographs.
So for all my thankless efforts on the Disney trip, the payback was a few precious hours of peace and quiet, followed by coming home to a clean bedroom, nice cards, gifts and a Jack Russell that missed me. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Happy Mother's Day~
- ► 2011 (275)
- Strawberry Smiles and Gluten Free Blintzes with th...
- Just $4 After 4:00 p.m. at the Pool with the Trend...
- Family Field Trip # 436, IKEA and a Party
- It is Official...the triplets have graduated on to...
- I married the PERFECT man for me
- Growing in the Weeds
- New at our Zoo
- Oh Brother!
- The Newest Multiples Game and Sport: Annoy the Pi...
- The Never Ending Holiday Celebrations-- now includ...
- CONTEST! Guess how much it is gonna cost!
- Drinking Watered Down Scope
- Why Didn't I think of it FIRST?
- Sunday is our Funday- Field Trip #433 Easton Town ...
- The Slutsky Triplets Cirque Du Soleil Troupe
- Gluten Free Paella
- Partying with Jeff Slutsky, Jim Croce and Rodrigo ...
- A glimspe at Heaven
- I have SUCKER written on my forehead
- The Best Mother's Day Gifts
- Sunscreen and Wine, how to survive the Disney Days...
- The Disney Diaries, Part One
- Update from Disney
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)